This page breaks the whole Microblading process down, gives you information, links to videos and a link to schedule your session. Check out the before and after pictures too!
- What is Microblading? Microblading is the implantation of pigment into the epidermis (upper layer of skin) using angled needle. Feather, 6D, eyebrow embroidery are just some of the names used for this process.
- Is Microblading a tattoo? Microblading could be considered a tattoo, however, the main differences between tattoo and microblading are A) microblading uses PIGMENT and tattoo uses INK & B) microblading goes into the epidermis and tattoo goes deeper into the dermis (which causes it to be more permanent.
- Does it hurt? Yes & No. Some people say it is painless, others say they feel “scratches” on the skin but don’t really find it unbearable. It really depends on your pain threshold. In Europe, the women use NO NUMBING cream and it is extremely popular there.
- What kind of numbing cream do you use? I have 6%, 10% & 20% combination lidocaine, as well as liquid anaesthesia to use once we cut into the skin.
- How long does it last? If numbing is used, the results don’t last as long. Typically the results last anywhere from 9 months to 18 months. The final result really depends on your skin type, regimen & skin care products you use.
- How many sessions will I need? The initial session is what I like to call the “FOUNDATION” session. This is where we esentially outline what the shape of the brow will be. This session is almost like a spot test, for us to see how your body reacts to the pigment, how well it is retained and how the color heals on your skin. The second session “SHAPING & MODIFICATION” is really where you will see the complete look. Using the before and afters from your file, we can adjust depth, needle type, pigment darkness and stroke technique in order to successfully acheive the look you desire.
- What if it doesn’t last? If the pigment doesn’t last on your skin, there are other techniques that may work better such as “ombre” technique also known as Shadow Technique. This gives the illusion of filled in eyebrows vs. the natural stroke look with microblading. If you still have issues, speak with your technician to ensure your complete satisfaction.
- How often do I need a touch up? If you required more than the typical anaesthetic then your microblading will be at higher risk for fading. I would recommend that you reduce the amount of water that you use while cleaning in order to allow more of the pigment to stay in the skin.
- How long does the process take? Typically if you apply the numbing cream approximately 45 minutes before the session – the total time is about 1-2 hours. If I apply the numbing while I am there, it could range from 2-3 hours. Each person is different and the time frame also depends on how much work your brows need.
- I booked my session, now what? Please be sure and register on my appointment site and be sure to include your address. I will be shipping you a small package with some steps you will need to do before your session. It will also have after care instructions. Once you receive your packet you will know exactly what to do.
Click the word “brochure” to access the online brochure [ BROCHURE ]
Click BELOW to access the informational video or scroll down to SEE BEFORE AND AFTERS
BEFORE & AFTERS
If you would like to SCHEDULE your session – Click on THIS LINK. Thank you!!